Tuesday, June 2, 2009

skeetersat

This was a very good day for hands on activities. We had the opportunity to learn how to solder, get reasonably good at it, and use our new skill to build a neat circuit; the skeetersat.

I have soldered many times before, but I have not used it consistently enough to maintain a good technique. I hope I can keep what I learned today a little longer.

My skeetersat worked well after carefully and slowly building it. I spent most of my break before ham radio class finishing it.

After the ham radio class, I went back to the lab to help out Ashle' Easley and D'Lonzo Taylor with their skeetersat. Both of the students did not trust their testing measurements. Ashle' and D'Lonzo reversed polarity on the electrolytic capacitor. Ashle' s circuit worked before she left for dinner. D'Lonzo's circuit still had problems. I offered to look at it while he left with Ashle'.

It took a while, but I found what I hope is his only problem. Both transistors were installed backwards. Dr. Sinha suggested I allow D'Lonzo to correct the problem. I guess he will be up later tonight after he and Ashle' returns from dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment