Wednesday, June 3, 2009

June 4, 2009 1:00 AM

Ok, I just finished spending too much time on the skeetersat temperature calibration. I say that because a lot of time was spent looking for fundamental frequencies of the skeetersat response at various temperatures. I was trying to make (force) a one to one correspondence with the temperature vs frequency. A vague recall of the 555 timer formula finally told me the relation ship would be nonlinear.

I found the formula on the internet and did a quick and dirty plot on excel. I do not know if I could have posted the graph on this blog or not. It is definitely nonlinear. The graph looks like y = 1/x^2 for x>0. The effect may not really be that pronounced, but it is a good enough answer for me today.

I wanted to finish the second half of the balloonsat tonight, but I am starting to get tired. I am pleased with the reponse of my team up to this point. All of them are rising to the challenge. Cayla came back this evening and finished the balloonsat. I hope it all works for her. She may very well become the clutch member of our team.

The lecture tonight was a good one for me. I wish I knew more about astronomy - but the adventure of conducting a mission in Antartica excites me. However, I am not sure if I am hearty enough to brave the cold or poop over a snow hole. I am out.

No comments:

Post a Comment