Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday June 12, 2009

This was a busy week. The last 2 days were especially tiring. But that was my doing.

I was determined to get the balloonsat software organized and done 2 days ago. Wednesday night, I decided to come back to the lab to work more on it. The next thing I knew it was 2 AM. But I said let's do a little bit more. Long story short, I left the lab at 5:30 am and got 2 hours of sleep.

I was a walking zombie at times Thursday. I did better than I thought I would, but I was determined to go to bed early . After the ham radio class last night, I checked my voicemail. My son called and wanted to look over some dynamics problems before his final.

Ok, my son and I will talk over several problems over the phone, then I can go to bed. It did not work out that way. Instead, we went over many problems over several phone calls for the whole night. Two consecutive nights with barely 2 hours of sleep?

Needless to say, I really feel the effects of little sleep today. I upped my caffeine intake by 3. I will definitely get to sleep by midnight tonight.

Overall, the day did go quite well. The instrumentation amplifier circuit was built and tested with a bit of troubleshooting. The lecture on batteries was good, but I did fight hard to stay focused. The students I believe want to do well, but I know the focus is not always as sharp as it should be. I am glad Greg keeps us on notice. I think the message comes across better through him. If I can stay away from the lab at 3 am, I might be able give the same message.

We will all know and feel the effects of crunch time in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment